fbpx

DAWN FIRE GUTS OLD BUILDING AT BGY. ASINAN

OLONGAPO CITY – Fire gutted early this morning an old structure that houses a carinderia and Videoke Bar along Gordon Ave. at Bgy. Asinan, across the street from the office of the former Public Utilities Department.

Olongapo City Mayor Rolen C. Paulino at the fire scene along Gordon Ave., Bgy. Asinan, where an old structure that houses a videoke bar and carinderia, was razed to the ground shortly after midnight. (SBNphoto by Vic V. Vizcocho, Jr.

According Major Camilo Pablo (PNP ret.), head of the Office of Traffic Management & Public Safety (OTMPS), the fire struck around 1:30 AM and c0mpletely consumed the building built of light materials in less than an hour.

A resulting power outage was experienced in Bgys. Asinan, Pag-asa, East Tapinac and Kalakake, but was restored in most parts after the blaze was declared “fire out.”

Responding firefighters from the city’s Fire Department and Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) prevented the fire from spreading to adjoining buildings, averting a possible catastrophe.

City Mayor Rolen Paulino proceeded to the scene and directed firefighting, crowd control and safety efforts during the blaze, that as of 3:00 AM, reportedly had no human casualties.

City Mayor Rolen Paulino (L) directing firefighting efforts in the blaze that razed an old structure along Gordon Ave., Bgy. Asinan, in the wee hours of Monday morning. (SBNphoto by Vic V. Vizcocho, Jr.

Videoke manager Lanie Flores said the establishment has not been operating lately and that she and three other females live there as caretakers.

“Mukhang may magnanakaw pong pumasok na nakaiwan ng may sinding sigarilyo (It seems a thief entered the building and left a lit cigarette),” Flores said speculating on the cause of the fire that started from an unoccupied room upstairs. “Malimit po kami pasukin ng magnanakaw dahil siguro alam nilang puro babae kami diyan (We are often victimized by thieves maybe because they know that the occupants are all female),” she added.

The cause of the fire and cost of damage to property have yet to be ascertained, according to Pablo. (VVV)

 

A fireman trains his hose on the remnants of an old building that burned to the ground early at dawn on Monday along Gordong Ave., Bgy. Asinan. (SBNphoto by Vic V. Vizcocho, Jr.

 

3 thoughts on “DAWN FIRE GUTS OLD BUILDING AT BGY. ASINAN

  • September 12, 2013 at 3:16 am
    Permalink

    i am the owner of artoflex body master gym, beside of noveleah videoe bar, located at no. 52- gordon avenue, olongapo city, a victim also of the inccident happened last monday 1: 10am, i just wanted to comment about her statement, how she really truly know that there is a parang mgnanakaw na ngsindi ng sigarilyu sa kisami nya, how she knows that???? ako lng ang gising ng time na yun, at 2 times ako lumabas sa back door para i check ang mga dogs kung bakit ng tatahol sila at tinatadyakan ang pinto ko sa likuran, so when i went out, i found out na may apuy na lumalabas paakyat sa kisami nila malapit sa aircon na nggagaling sa kuarto nila….i was shocked, then i runned going outside in thier front door to knock them hard para gisingin sila but they cannt hear me, so i went back again on my back door to check again i saw the fire was really too high out on the ceiling, i didnt saw np one there at the back,,,,,,,then i runned again to awake my son, and we runned again goint out of the gym, ng nailabas ko na ang anak ko, bumalik ako uli kinatok ko na nam cila pero hindi parin cila magising, 4 times ko sila binalikan para gisingin dahil tulog na tulog sila kaya hindi nila alam na mau apuy na sa loob bg kuarto nila…..ang huling gising ko sa kanila kinalampag ko na sila sa dingding malapit sa kuarto nila at dun lang cila nagiding…….at saka sila ngtakbuhan palabs, so how she will say na parang mgnanakaw ang may gawa ng sunog na yun,,, eh tulog na tulog sila, antagal ko silang ginising bago nila nalaman na me sunog na pala ay halos 4 times ako ngpabalikbalik para gisingin sila…….so base on my theory ang apoy ay ngaling sa loob ng kuarto nila,marahil me nkalimutan silang bagay na ng over hit or ng over load……or galing sa wiring……naging pabaya sila, careless, kya sa kanila ng umpisa ang sunog……..ito lng ang aking comment dahil sa kapabayaan nila, nadamay ang bisnes, ang halaga ng bisnes ko ay nasa 430,000 kasama lahat ng gym equipment at mga appliances ko……malaking pirwisyu ang ngyari na ito sa kagagawan at kapabayaan ng katabi kong bar na pag aari ni lani flores….

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *