fbpx

Alleged Chinese Vessel Enters Subic Bay Without Notice

Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) Chair & Administrator Wilma T. Eisma has alerted Defense Sec. Delfin Lorenzana and National Sec. Adviser Hermogenes Esperon over the presence of a suspected Chinese Vessel that anchored off the coast of Subic Bay earlier today.

The sudden appearance today of this suspected Chinese Vessel that anchored inside the protected area of Subic Bay has raised tensions among locators and residents. SBMA Chair & Administrator Wilma T. Eisma said she immediately alerted Defense Sec. Delfin Lorenzana and National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon regarding the alleged Chinese vessel. (Photo Contributed by Mark Figueras)

“I have been in touch with Sec. (Delfin) Lorenzana and Sec. (Hermogenes) Esperon” Eisma said, “the Coast Guard is taking lead (in verifying the presence and purpose of the vessel) assisted by SBMA Harbor Patrol.”

Why the suspected Chinese Ship entered Subic Bay is yet to be determined but officials say said it could be to seek shelter from bad weather. However, while it is cloudy in the vicinity of Subic Bay, there is hardly rains all morning while at times, the sun even shines through.

This bustling Freeport is a former US Naval Base and the sentiment of locals tend to lean toward the United States, frowning at Chinese presence that has recently surged as a result of widespread operations of Online Gambling that hire only Chinese nationals from mainland China.

This development came at a time when the Philippines, notwithstanding President Rodrigo Duterte’s defeatist pronouncements regarding Chinese incursions, occupation and use of the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone in the West Philippines Sea, is locked in a dispute over rights in the said area.

A US Navy Ship, the destroyer USS Mccampbel, left Subic earlier this morning after a three-day stay. The USS Mccampbell is one several escort vessels of the US Nuclear-powered SuperAircraft Carrier USS Ronald Reagan presently on a port visit of Manila Bay.

The US Navy Destroyer Ship USS Mccampbel, one of several escort vessels of the US Nuclear-powered Super Aircraft Carrier USS Ronald Reagan presently on a port visit of Manila Bay, while dock at Subic Bay Freeport’s Alava Pier. The US ship left earlier this morning after a three-day stay, about the same time the suspected Chinese vessel was spotted in the protected waters of Subic Bay. (Photo by Arnold Felarca)

It is not known whether the suspected Chinese vessel’s presence has anything to do with the US Navy ships visit to Subic and Manila Bay.

pls. see update: Chinese on board but not Chinese Vessel – SBMA Harbor Patrol

###

Please follow and like us:
error

2 thoughts on “Alleged Chinese Vessel Enters Subic Bay Without Notice

  • August 13, 2019 at 4:24 am
    Permalink

    Mr Vizcocho,
    You have wrongly reported that my yacht was a chinese vessel that entered Subic Bay with chinese aliens on board and so on. This created a big buzz and my name circulated in all social medias and online news like GMA, Inquirer and all on them. Even the Defense Secretary and Malacana were alerted…..
    You have put me in turmoil and I have been obliged to explain and justify myself in length to various Authorities.
    I am a respected businessman working and living in Subic area for the last 20 years. My companies employ more than 250 filipinos employees….not chinese.We are exporting our products in 25 countries and have regular international VIP visitors from various countries and the last group indeed was from large companies in China and they deserve respect.
    Business is hard and requests dedication and commitment. We cannot accept to be put in this kind of situation by irresponsible journalism just looking for noise and trouble. We are going to bring this matter to our legal department unless you publish you a clear and irrevocable statement as well sincere excuses mentioning your mistakes and lack of control of the facts. Kind regards. Didier Ladriere Chairman DLA NATURALS inc.

    Reply
    • August 15, 2019 at 6:03 am
      Permalink

      Mr. Ladriere, we were correct and not wrong in reporting the fact that SBMA Chairman Wilma T. Eisma called the attention of the Defense Department and National Security Adviser regarding an alleged Chinese ship in Subic Bay. We cannot simply ignore the statement of the SBMA Chair & Administrator at the time. We were not the source of the allegation that your vessel was Chinese, although, the vessel indeed had Chinese nationals on board.
      We regret the situation that you were put into, Mr. Ladiere, we had no reason to discomfort you or cast aspersions on your person. We are a fan of Urban Deli and what used to be The Castle.
      Thank you for getting in touch, and may we have this opportunity to ask you for reactions on a possible follow-up story on what SBMA officials say as:
      1) your vessel’s violation of anchoring and fishing on protected waters, for which, SBMA officials say, you will be penalized?;
      2) your vessel’s violation, according to SBMA officials, for prolonged failure to respond to radio communication, your excuse being deemed flimsy and not a justification;
      3) if you would care to please cite the possible business partnership with your Chinese guests, whose identities, authorities say are now the subject of verification:
      4) any other matter you wish published in connection with the matter which we may consider for publication.
      Pls. email to: subicbaynews1@gmail.com
      Again, we express our regret on your unpleasant experience, rest assured we responsibly handled the matter throughout as manifested, among others, by our immediate succession of follow-up items on the matter. – the Publisher

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *